The Jasper County Public Library’s mission is to inform, enrich and empower our diverse community.
- The Library provides easy access to:
- The Library offers easy access to our facilities, providing convenient hours and adequate space for materials, programming and quiet study.
- The Library serves as a cultural and community center, providing classes, programs and a place for the community to gather.
- The Library is a center for access to local history and genealogical resources relevant to Jasper County
· The Library is on the forefront of the information age. We make it a priority to continually evaluate rapidly changing technology, selecting those technologies which improve or enhance our service.
- The Library cooperates with other libraries to provide better service to its users and make the most effective and efficient use of its tax dollars.
- Trained staff assists users in making full use of libraryresources, programs, and facilities.
· We provide prompt, accurate and friendly service.
- We treat all library users with equal respect and consideration.
- We consider every question valid.
- We provide information expressing various viewpoints.
- We respect and protect the privacy of our patrons to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- We are committed to Intellectual Freedom. We encourage the exchange of ideas and information. We resist all efforts to censor Library resources.
- We encourage and support the highest level of personal initiative and professional development. We provide creative challenges, financial remuneration and continuing education for all staff.
- We foster and support teamwork, cooperation and involvement at all levels of the organization. We treat each other with respect and integrity and work as a team with the board.
Adopted 1/17/95; revised 9/11