- The software must have a good recommendation from a reputable source.
- We will purchase a variety of informational, educational and recreational software.
- Only items with complete documentation will be circulated.
- We will buy dual or hybrid CD/DVD ROMs when possible for Mac and Microsoft Windows operating systems. Programs should be able to run on various versions of Windows, including the most recent version and the last two versions.
- We will not buy items which can be useful only if patrons make an illegal copy, (i.e. a home inventory or genealogy program)
- Both children's and adult titles will be purchased
- Patrons may check out as many items as they wish.
- One renewal will be allowed.
- Loan period will be three (3) weeks.
- Software may be reserved and may be intralibrary loaned.
- An overdue charge of 10 cents per day will be assessed for late returns.
- Software may be borrowed by any person with a JCPL borrowers' card
Fines and Charges
- Fee for loss/damage to software will be the original cost plus a $10 processing fee
- Fee for loss or damage to the user's manual or notebook is $5.00 for one item, $10.00 for more than one item.
The Library will make copies of the users' manuals before releasing the software for circulation.
1/97; revised 1/10; reviewed 1/12; revised 7/12