Children's Book Week May 7-13
Teachers, librarians, parents, publishers - they're all focused on you this week! Children's Book Week is the time to celebrate the amazing choices you have at the library and bookstore. From comics to mysteries, from magic to history...you can find anything between the pages of a book!
Ideas for Celebrating Children's Book Week
- Make your voice heard with the Children's Choice Book Awards! Voting is open now! Children's Choice Book Awards are given to the winner in each age group at a gala ceremony in New York during Children's Book Week. Check out the 2012 finalists and vote!
- It doesn't need to be Book Week for you to find great books: the Children's Choices list is available all year round. Kids across the country pick their favorite books each year, and about 100 books make the cut. You can find the lists from other years here - come find out what other kids think are the best books of the past few years!
- Come test your skills with these Children's Book Week puzzles!
- Great authors have started a story... come help them finish the tale with Story Starters!
- Download the official Children's Book Week bookmark, or make your own charmed bookmark. Better yet, do both!
- Draw a picture from your favorite book, put your first name and age on it and send it to us in person, or by email, and we will post it here for everyone to see!
- Come to one or all of the library's events for Children's Book Week!