Blu-ray, VHS and DVD Policy
1. Borrower must be a registered JCPL library user in good standing.
2. Borrower must be 18 years of age or older, or 17 years of age and younger, with a consent form signed by a parent/legal guardian to borrow Blu-ray/VHS/DVDs.
3. Loan period for entertainment Blu-ray/VHS/DVDs will be three days including Sundays and holidays with no renewals. If the date due falls on a day the library is closed, the date due will be the next date the library is open. Loan period for nonfiction Blu-ray/, VHS/ DVDs will be three weeks, with one renewal.
4. Entertainment Blu-ray/VHS/DVDs may be borrowed for an extended loan period of 1 week with no renewals for educational purposesand forcivic organizations. Civic organizations or other entities borrowing Blu-ray/VHS/DVDs for public performance may obtain an extended loan. It is the group’s responsibility to determine that the Blu-ray/VHS/DVDs has been cleared for public performance.
5. Each person may borrow three (3) entertainment Blu-ray, three (3) entertainment VHS, three (3) entertainment DVDs, three (3) nonfiction Blu-ray three (3) nonfiction VHS, and three (3) nonfiction DVDs which he/she must return before borrowing others.
6. Fines will be $1.00 per day per title returned after due date.
7. No reserves will be taken on Blu-ray, VHS or DVDs except in the following situations:
A teacher or studentwishing to use a Blu-ray, VHS or DVD in an educational setting may reserve the item for a specific date. For student reserves, verification from a teacher may be required. Other group leaders wishing to use a Blu-ray/VHS/DVD may also reserve the item for a specific date. In all cases, the Blu-ray/VHS/DVD may not be reserved more than 7 days prior to the date needed.
If an entertainment Blu-ray/VHS/DVD is not available, the patron may request that staff place a hold on the desired item if it is currently on the shelf at another branch. In addition patrons wishing to reserve a non-fiction Blu-ray/VHS/DVD may request that staff place a hold on the desired item.
Adopted 5/94; reviewed 1/13